Specialisation: agricultural development
Dr Jock Anderson is an Emeritus Professor of Agricultural Economics at the University of New England. Prior to his retirement from the World Bank in 2003, he was Strategy and Policy Adviser in Rural Development based in Washington DC. His interests include the economics of agricultural technology generation and transfer, the economics of uncertainty, with particular concern for risk management in agriculture, and project and program evaluation, with emphasis on natural resources and rural development, including nonfarm activities and urban links. He is an Adjunct Professor at Georgetown University, Washington, DC, teaching Food and Agriculture for Development in the graduate School of Foreign Service.
Adjunct Professor, teaching “Agriculture and Food for Development”, Global Human Development Program, School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., Spring Semester 2015, 2016. [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Research Associate, Rutgers University, supporting a USAID 2015) Feed the Future Policy Impact Study (2015+)
~~1958 Open Scholarship to the University of Queensland (won at the Brisbane Grammar School)
1981 President, Australian Agricultural Economics Society
1981 Exchange Fellow in the Academies’ Australia-China Exchange in the Social Sciences
1984 Distinguished Foreign Scholar, Mid-America State Universities Association
1985 Fellow, Australian Institute of Agricultural Science
1992 Emeritus Professor of Agricultural Economics, University of New England, Armidale NSW
1996 Fellow, American Agricultural Economics Association [AJAE 78(5), xx]
2000 Fellow, Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia (ASSA)
2003 Distinguished Fellow, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society [AJARE 47(3), 291-3]
2003 Honorary Life Membership of the International Association of Agricultural Economists
2006 Doctor of the University (h.c.), University of New England
2014 Doctor of Agricultural Science (h.c.), University of Queensland
- Hardaker, J.B., Lien, G., Anderson, J.R. and Huirne, R.B.M. (2015), Coping with Risk in Agriculture. 3rd Edn, Wallingford: CAB International.
- Anderson, J.R. (ed.) (1994), Agricultural Technology: Policy Issues for the International Community. Wallingford: CAB International.
- Anderson, J.R. and Hazell, P.B.R (1989), Variability in Grain Yields: Implications for Agricultural Research and Policy in Developing Countries. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Anderson, J.R., Herdt, R.W. and Scobie, G.M. (1988), Science and Food: The CGIAR and its Partners. Washington DC: World Bank.
- Anderson, J.R., Dillon, J.L. and Hardaker, J.B. (1977), Agricultural Decision Analysis. Ames: Iowa State Univ. Press.
Email: jock.r.anderson [at] gmail.com
Mobile: 1202 407 0653