Specialisation: Economics, Econometrics, Measurement, Environment
Kevin Fox is a Professor of Economics and Director of the Centre for Applied Economic Research of at the University of New South Wales. He works primarily in the field of economic measurement, with a focus on productivity and prices. After studying Japanese in Tokyo for two years, he studied economics at the University of Canterbury and the University of British Columbia. He joined UNSW in 1994, and served as the Head of the School of Economics 2008 – 2012.
He has published extensively, including in journals such as the Journal of Econometrics, Journal of Law and Economics, Economic Inquiry, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, and the Journal of Business and Economic Statistics.
He chaired the Australian Consumer Price Index Review Advisory Group in 2009-2010. He is a member of the Methodology Advisory Committee and the Productivity Measurement Reference Group for the Australian Bureau of Statistics, and is a member of an Expert Working Group of the Australian Council of Learned Academies advising Australia’s Chief Scientist on productivity. He has been a consultant for agencies such as the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, the Swiss National Bank, the Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics, the Asian Development Bank, and the New Zealand Treasury. He is an Associate Editor of the Journal of Productivity Analysis, and a council member of the International Association for Research in Income and Wealth.
- The University of New South Wales (1994 – current)
- L Ivancic, W E Diewert and K J Fox (2010), Scanner Data, Time Aggregation and the Construction of Price Indexes, in Journal of Econometrics
- K J Fox, U Kohli and A Shin (2010), Trade Agreements and Trade Opportunities: A flexible approach for modelling Australian Export and Import Elasticities, in Review of International Economics 18(3): 513 – 530
- W E Diewert and K J Fox (2010), On the Estimation of Returns to Scale, Technical Progress and Monopolistic Markups, in Journal of Econometrics, 145: 174 – 193
- K J Fox, R Q Grafton, T Kompas and T N Che (2006), Capacity Reduction, Quota Trading and Productivity: The case of a fishery, in Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 50: 189 – 206
- E Connolly and K J Fox (2006), The Impact of High-Tech Capital on Productivity: Evidence from Australia, in Economic Inquiry 44(1): 50 – 68