Specialisation: Child, Neuropsychology, Development, Brain Injury, Attention
Professor Vicki Anderson is a pediatric neuropsychologist of some 20 years experience. She started her career working at the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia, where she worked as a clinician, and then Co-coordinator of Neuropsychology Services, until taking up a lectureship at the University of Melbourne. In 2002 she was appointed Professor/Director of Psychology at the Royal Children’s Hospital. Her interests are in disorders of childhood that impact on the central nervous system, including both developmental and acquired disorders. She has published over 70 papers in this field, and has obtained competitive research grants totaling over $2,000,000. Her research group has recently established the Centre for Child Neuropsychological Studies (CNS), at the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia.
She serves as consulting editor on a number of prestigious international neuropsychology journals including the Journal of the Neuropsychological Society and Child Neuropsychology, Child Neuropsychology, and Pediatric Rehabilitation, and is Associate Editor of the APA journal, Neuropsychology. She has published over 100 papers in peer-reviewed journals and two book sin the field (co-authored) – Developmental Neuropsychology: A Clinical Approach, and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A Disease for our Time.
She has served on the Board of Governors of the International Neuropsychological Society, and have had a long-term involvement, at an executive level, with the Australian Society for the Study of Brain Impairment and has been President of the Society.
- Anderson, V., Catroppa, C., Dudgeon, P., Morse, S., Haritou, F. and Rosenfeld, J. (2006) Understanding predictors of fuctional recovery and outcome thirty-months following early childhood head injury, Neuropsychology 20: 42-57.
- Anderson, V. and Catroppa, C. (2006) Advances in rehabilitation from childhood aquires brain injury: A focus on cognitive, behavioral and social outcomes, American Journal of Psysical and Medial Rehabilitation 85: 767-778.
- Anderson, V., Anderson, P. and Anderson, D. (2006) Comparing attention skills in children with aquired and developmental disorders, Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society 12: 519-531.
- Anderson, V., Northam, E., Hendy, J. and Wrennall, J. (2001) Pediatric neuropsychology: A clinical approach. London: Psychology Press.
- Manly, T., Anderson, V., Robertson, I., and Nimmo-Smith, I. (1999) The Test of Everyday Attention for Children. London: Thames Valley Test Company.