Specialisation: Memory, emotions, feminism, psychoanalysis, labour.
Professor Joy Damousi is in the Department of History at the University of Melbourne. Professor Damousi works in the field of feminist history, memory and emotions and the history of psychoanalysis. She is currently working on a history of elocution, speechand the auditory self. Other areas of expertise include:
- Emotions and popular culture
- Labour women's history
- Social and historical theory.
- Associate Dean (Research), Faculty of Arts, 2002 - 2004
- Chair, Arts and Education Ethics Committee, 1999 -
- Editor, Australian Historical Studies, 2002 -
- ARC Australian Assessor, 2002 - .