Specialisation: performance indicators for universities, economics of education, federal-state finance
Professor Ross Williams is Emeritus Professor and Professorial Fellow at the Melbourne Institute in the Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Melbourne. He is also a part-time member of the Commonwealth Grants Commission. From 1994 to 2002 he was Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Commerce at the University of Melbourne. His research interests are performance indicators for universities, economics of education and federal-state finance.
- Research Output of Australian Universities: Are the Newer Institutions Catching Up?, Australian Universities Review, Vol. 52, No. 2, 2010.
- Balanced Growth: A History of the Department of Economics, University of Melbourne, Australian Scholarly Publishing, 2009.
- Ranking Australian Universities: Controlling for Scope,Higher Education in Europe, Vol 33, No. 2/3, 2008.
- Reputation and Reality: Ranking Major Disciplines in Australian Universities, Higher Education, Vol. 56, No 1, 2008 (with Nina Van Dyke).
- Measuring the International Standing of Universities with an Application to Australian Universities, Higher Education, Vol 53, No 6, 2007 (with Nina Van Dyke).
- Towards a Level Playing Field for Australian Universities and Students, Economic Papers, Vol 25, No 3, 2006 (with Peter Dawkins). .
- Fiscal Federalism:Aims, Instruments and Outcomes, Australian Economic Review, Vol 38, No 4, 2005.
Email: rossawh [at] bigpond.net.au