Specialisation: mathematical demography; mortality; outstanding claims in general insurance
Professor John Pollard was Professor of Actuarial Studies at Macquarie University. Professor Pollard has interests in mathematical demography, mortality and stochastic modelling of insurance processes. He is currently developing stochastic models for estimating the outstanding claims of a general insurer. Other areas of expertise include:
- population modelling and projection
- population ageing and its implications
- J H Pollard (1996) Long term care: demographic and insurance perspectives, In Evolution and Revolution in European Population. Franco Angeli (eds.). Belgium: EAPS and IUSSP.
- J H Pollard (1981) The expectation of life and its relationship to mortality, Journal of the Institute of Actuaries.
- J H Pollard (1973) Mathematical Models for the Growth of Human Populations. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- J H Pollard (1971) On fluctuating interest rates, Bulletin of the Association Royale des Actuaires Belges.
- J H Pollard (1966) On the use of the direct matrix product in analysing certain stochastic population models. , Biometrika.