Specialisation: brain, neuroanatomy, hypothalamus, cortex, neurotransmitters
Professor George Paxinos‘ research interest lies in comparative neuroanatomy and has produced maps of the brain of the rat, mouse, monkey and human. Currently he is working on the human cortex with the view of producing maps that will be of use to the imaging community (PET, MRI).
- Paxinos, G and Franklin, KBJ (2001) The Mouse Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates, 2nd Ed. San Diego: Academic Press.
- Paxinos, G, Huang, XF and Toga, AW (2000) The Rhesus Monkey Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates. San Diego: Academic Press.
- Paxinons, G and Watson C (1998) The Rat Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates, 4th Ed. San Diego: Academic Press.
- Mai, JK, Assheuer, J, and Paxinos, G (1997) Atlas of the Human Brain. San Diego: Academic Press.
- Paxinons, G and Huang, XF (1995) Atlas of the Human Brainstem. San Diego: Academic Press.
Email: g.paxinos [at] neura.edu.au
Work Phone: 02 9399 1094