Specialisation: finance, anti-trust, valuation, corporate, capital
Professor Bob Officer is currently Professor Emeritus University of Melbourne and an Honorary Professor at the University of Queensland. He has previously been the Deputy Director and a Professor at the Melbourne Business School (1986 - 2002). For a length of time Professor Officer consulted to a large number of public, private and government organisations on topics encompassing economics and finance generally.
Professor Officer specialises in:
- corporate and international finance
- valuation and investment appraisal
- foreign exchange management
- capital markets
- industrial organisation
During the past ten years he has been Chairman of the Victorian WorkCover Authority (1997-2001) and Chairman Victorian Funds Management Corporation (2002-2006). Today he remains Chairman of several Funds Management companies.
- Officer, R.R. (1994) The Cost of Capital of a Company Under an Imputation Tax System, Accounting and Finance, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 1-17.
- (1988) Share Markets and Portfolio Theory. : University of Queensland Press.
- Bishop, S., Dodd, P., and Officer, R.R. (1987) Takeovers: The Australian Evidence 1972. Sydney, Australia: Centre for Independent Studies.
- R.R.Officer (1975) Seasonality in Australian Capital Markets: Market Efficiency and Empirical Issues, Journal of Financial Economics.
- Officer, R.R. (1972) The Distribution of Stock Returns, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 340, (67), pp.807 12.
- Officer, R.R., and Halter, A.N. (1968) Utility Analysis in a Practical Setting, American Journal of Agricultural Economics.