Specialisation: strategy, war, history, defence, diplomacy
Professor Robert O’Neill AO, Chairman of the Australian Strategic Policy Institute, 2000-2005, a Director of the Lowy Institute for International Policy, 2003-2012, Deputy Chairman of the Council of the Graduate School of Government, University of Sydney, 2002-2004, an adjunct professor in the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre of the Australian National University, 2001- , and President of the Rylstone and District Historical Society, 2003-07, Executive Member of the Blackheath History Forum, 2009 – , is working partly on the security problems of the Asian-Pacific region, and the global system, from the perspective of Australia’s future foreign and defence policies, and partly on regional historical topics relating to the Central Tablelands of NSW.
- Robert O’Neill (1985) Australia in the Korean War Vol 2, Combat Operations. Canberra: AGPS.
- Robert O’Neill (1981) Australia in the Korean War Vol 1, Strategy and Diplomacy. Canberra: AGPS.
- Robert O’Neill (1969) General Giap – Politician and Strategist. Melbourne: Cassell.
- Robert O’Neill (1968) Vietnam Task. Melbourne: Cassell.
- Robert O’Neill (1966) The German Army and the Nazi Party 1933-1939. London: Cassell.