Specialisation: international trade, WTO, competition policy, intra-industry trade, regional trade agreements, economic history
Professor Peter Lloyd is Emeritus Professor of Economics, The University of Melbourne. Professor Lloyd specialises in international economics and the economics of the Asia-Pacific region. His recent and current research includes:
- cross-border competition policies
- trade policy in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region
- CER agreement between Australia and New Zealand
- Intra-industry trade.
- Australian economic history
Member of the Order of Australia, 2015.
- (2003) Intra-industry trade. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar.
- (2002) P. J. Lloyd and Hyun-Hoon Lee (eds), Frontiers of Research in Intra-industry Trade. Houndsmill, UK: Paalgraave Macmillan
- (2000) China in the Global Economy. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar PL.
- P. J. Lloyd and Kerrin Vautier (1999) Promoting Competition in Global Markets. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar PL.
- P. J. Lloyd (1999) International Trade Opening and the formation of the Global Economy: Selected Essays of P. J. Lloyd. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar PL.
- Mark Blaug and Peter Lloyd (2010), Famous figures and Diagrams in Economics. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar PL
Email: pjlloyd [at] unimelb.edu.au