Specialisation: Indonesia, Pacific, biography, Sukarno, AIIA (Australian Institute of International Affairs)
Date of Passing: 04/02/2016
Emeritus Professor (History), Monash University.
- Legge, JD (2003) Sukarno: A Political Biography. 3rd edition. Singapore: Archipelago Press.
- Legge, JD (2000) The Contingent and the Unforeseen, In Indonesia Today. Grayson Lloyd (eds.). Singapore: Institute of SE Asian Studies.
- Legge, JD (1999) Australian Outlook: A History of the Australian Institute of International Affairs. Sydney: Allen & Unwin.
- Legge, JD (1997) A New Imperialism in the Late 19th Century? Revisiting an old debate, In Empires, Imperialism and Southeast Asia: Essays in honour of Nicholas Tarling. Brook Barrington (eds.). Clayton: Monash Asia Institute.
- Legge, JD (1992) The Writing of Southeast Asian History, In The Cambridge History of Southeast Asia. Nicholas Tarling (eds.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.