Specialisation: Philosophy of mind and language, philosophy of the social sciences, ethics.
Professor Frank Jackson’s appointments in the last ten years include: Distinguished Professor of Philosophy, Research School of Social Sciences, ANU; Tang Chun-I Visiting Professor, The Chinese University of Hong Kong; Blackwell Lectures at Brown University; Soochow Lectures; Leverhulme Visiting Professor at Cambridge University; Professor of Philosophy, La Trobe University; Visiting Professor in the Fall Semester at Princeton University. His appointment as a Distinguished Professor at ANU ended 31 July 2014.
- Frank Jackson (2010) Language, Names, and Information, Wiley-Blackwell.
- Frank Jackson and Michael Smiths, eds, (2005) The Oxford Handbook of Contemporary Philosophy. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Frank Jackson, Philip Pettit, Michael Smith (2004) Mind, Morality, and Explanation: Selected Collaborations. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Frank Jackson (1998) From Metaphysics to Ethics. Oxford University Press.
- Frank Jackson (1996) Philosophy of Mind and Cognition, Basil Blackwell. Co-authored with David Braddon-Mitchell)
- Frank Jackson (1987) Conditionals, Basil Blackwell.
- Frank Jackson (1977) Perception: A Representative Theory, Cambridge University Press, 1977.
Email: frank.jackson [at] anu.edu.au
Home Phone: 0400 134 586
Work Phone: 0400 134 586