Discipline: Political Science
Specialisation: China, provinces, social, political, change
Professor David S. G. Goodman is Professor of China Studies at Xi’ an Jiaotong-Liverpool University in Suzhou, China; and a Disntinguished Overseas Academic in the School of Social and Behavioural Sciences at Nanjing University, China.
Professor Goodman specialises on social and political change in China. His current research includes projects on:
- social and political change in China’s provinces
- The New Rich and the State in China: The social basis of local power
- (2014) Class in Contemporary China Polity Press.
- (2013) Middle Class China Edward Elgar.
- (2012) China’s Peasants and Workers Edward Elgar.
- (2012) Twentieth Century Colonialism and China Routledge, London.
- (2008) The New Rich in China: Future rulers, present lives. Oxford: Routledge.
- (2004) China’s Campaign to Open Up the West. Cambridge: Cambridge UP.
- David S G Goodman (2000) Social and Political Change in Revolutionary China. Lanham, Maryland, USA: Rowman & Littlefield.