Emeritus Professor Anne Edwards AO
PhD (London), BA Hons (London)
Discipline: Sociology (Panel A)
Professor Anne R. Edwards was Vice-Chancellor of Flinders University, Adelaide Australia from 2001 to 2007. Professor Edwards' research interests cover the fields of public policy, theories of the state, power and social control, women and gender, youth and ageing. Professor Edwards is currently a board member of various organisations, The Australian Centre for Social Innovation, the SA Premier's Council for Women, and COTA SA.
- Vice-Chancellor and Professor of Sociology, Flinders University
- Head of the Department of Anthropology and Sociology, Monash University, Melbourne
- Member and Deputy Chair, Australian Research Council
- Member of the Australian Universities Teaching Committee
- Chair of the Research Committee and Deputy Chair, Victorian Casino and Gaming Authority.
- Edwards, A. (1996) Gender and Sexuality in the Social Construction of Rape and Consensual Sex: A Study of Process and Outcomes in six Recent Rape Trials, In Sex, Sensibility and the Gendered Body. Janet Holland and Lisa Adkins (eds.). : Macmillan.
- Edwards, A. (1995) Youth (In) dependence: Current theory and Policy Issues, In The Life Course and Social Policy. Sara Graham (eds.). NSW: Social Policy Research Centre, UNSW, No. 118.
- (1995) Women in a Restructuring Australia: Work and Welfare. : Allen and Unwin.
- Edwards, A. (1992) Feminism and Male Scholarship: The Treatment of Women and Gender in Social Policy Texts, Australian Journal of Social Issues 27(1).
- Edwards, A. (1988) Repression and Regulation: the Study of Social Control. : Allen and Unwin.
Contact: Please contact via the Academy