Discipline: Political Science
Specialisation: feminist political theory, policy theory, equity legislation, embodiment, citizenship
Carol Bacchi is Emerita Professor of Politics, University of Adelaide. For over thirty years she has researched and written in the fields of gender equality politics and policy theory. In 2009 she produced an undergraduate textbook (Analysing Policy, Pearson Education), introducing a new approach to policy analysis, called 'what's the problem represented to be?'. In 2010, with Joan Eveline, she produced a major study of gender mainstreaming policies in Australia and overseas. This book is available free online from University of Adelaide Press. In 2012 Angelique Bletsas and Chris Beasley co-edited Engaging with Carol Bacchi: Strategic Interventions and Exchanges, also available as a free download from University of Adelaide Press. In 2016 she and Susan Goodwin co-authored Poststructural Policy Analysis: A Guide to Practice (Palgrave Macmillan), available through Springer Link.
- Bacchi, Carol and Goodwin, Susan (2016) Poststructural Policy Analysis: A Guide to Practice, Palgrave Macmillan
- Bacchi, C., Bonham, J. (2016) Poststructural Interview Analysis: Politicizing “personhood”. In C Bacchi and S Goodwin Poststructural Policy Analysis: A Guide to Practice New York: Palgrave Macmillan Pp. 113-121. (Free download in Back Matter http://link.springer.com/content/pdf/bbm%3A978-1-137-52546-8%2F1.pdf)
- Bacchi, Carol and Eveline, Joan (2010) Mainstreaming Politics: Gendering Practices and Feminist Theory, University of Adelaide Press.
- Bacchi, Carol (2009) Analysing Policy: What's the problem represented to be? Pearson Education.
- Bacchi, Carol (2003) Fear of Food: A Diary of Mothering. Spinifex Press.
- Bacchi, Carol (1999) Women, Policy and Politics: the construction of policy problems. London: Sage.
- Bacchi, Carol (1996) The Politics of Affirmative Action: 'Women', Equality and Category Politics. London: Sage.
- Bacchi, Carol (1990) Same Difference: Feminism and sexual difference. Sydney: Allen and Unwin.
- Bacchi, Carol (1986) Liberation deferred? The Ideas of the English-Canadian Suffragists, 1877-1918. University of Toronto Press.