The Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia (ASSA) is an independent, interdisciplinary body of leading social scientists recognised for their distinguished contributions to the nation.
To enhance the quality, relevance, and impact of social science research in Australia.
To recognise and promote excellence in the social sciences through facilitating social science research and the awareness and uptake of social science knowledge.
Facilitating excellence in social sciences research
- Championing exceptional achievement in the social sciences.
- Fostering the development of early and mid-career social science researchers.
- Recognising outstanding social science scholars and practitioners and collaborations with contributors to national and international benefit.
- Collaborating with the other Australian and international learned academies.
- Enhancing social science research capacity.
Building awareness and uptake of social science knowledge
- Providing evidence-based advice on national policy issues by providing government with ready access to social science researchers.
- Facilitating and supporting innovative multi-disciplinary Academy programs.
- Engaging with business, industry, non-government organisations, and the community to encourage debate on public policy matters.
- Engaging publicly with issues of national importance.
- Disseminating ASSA’s work nationally and internationally.
- Acting as an accessible source of social science knowledge and advocacy in Australia.
For more information, please contact:
Ms Liz West
+61 (0)2 6249 1788